We’re extremely proud to announce that we’ve been awarded The Menopause Friendly Workplace Accreditation.
We wanted to be a part of NHS South Yorkshire’s Menopause Mission, which called on all employers to sign the Menopause Workplace Pledge and take positive action to make sure everyone going through the menopause is supported. By signing up we committed to tackle the stigma around menopause and to drive positive changes within our workplaces by working towards Menopause Friendly accreditation.
NHS South Yorkshire Integrated Care Board (ICB) and South Yorkshire Integrated Care System (ICS) supported 15 organisations that were part of the Menopause Friendly Accreditation, these are:
- Sheffield Teaching Hospitals (STH)
- The Rotherham Foundation trust (TRFT)
- Sheffield Children’s hospital foundation trust (SCH)
- Barnsley Foundation trust (BFT)
- Rotherham, Doncaster, and South Humber Foundation Trust (RDaSH)
- Doncaster and Bassetlaw Teaching Foundation trust (DBTH)
- Sheffield Health and Social care Foundation trust (SHSC)
- NHS South Yorkshire ICB (SY ICB)
- PalmsRow (social care homes)
- Heeley plus PCN (primary care GP practices) (H+PCN)
- Primary Care Sheffield (PCS)
- Soar Community (voluntary sector) (SOAR)
- Mind Rotherham and Barnsley (voluntary sector) (MRaB)
- Barnsley Metropolitan Borough Council (BMBC)
- Sheffield Churches Council for Community Care (Voluntary sector) (SCCCC)
Being awarded our accreditation alongside these large, well-respected and innovative NHS trusts is a great honour. This however, is just the start of our journey and we will continue working on raising menopause awareness and continue to educate ourselves and our teams to ensure there is long-term sustainable change within our organisation, one that is inclusive, where we value, respect and celebrate all our differences and ensure our people can be the best they can be.