We are delighted to announce that the PCS | North Darnall practice has achieved a Care Quality Commission (CQC) ‘good’ rating following a recent inspection.
The practice was inspected by the CQC, the independent regulator of health and social care in England, on 19 and 20 July 2023. Overall, the practice is rated as ‘Good’. The rating for each key question is:
The inspectors highlighted the following strengths as having contributed towards the ‘good’ rating:
- The practice provided care in a way that kept patients safe and protected them from avoidable harm.
- Patients received effective care and treatment that met their needs. Clinical searches and medical records we reviewed mostly showed effective management and monitoring of patients with long-term conditions although there were some areas that required review.
- Staff dealt with patients with kindness and respect.
- Patients could access care and treatment in a timely way.
- The way the practice was led and managed promoted the delivery of high-quality, person-centred care.
Dr Lucy Cormack, Medical Director, Primary Care Sheffield said, “This is a huge testament to the work of the team at PCS | North Darnall who are compassionate, patient centred, and are not afraid to try new things to improve the care of their patients.
“PCS were asked to take over this practice in 2022 to ensure it was able to continue running. There were no clinical staff at all when we took over so I am delighted that the work that has been put in to stabilise and improve the service has been recognised. There is still more work to do, our ethos of continual improvement means that we will learn from the results of the report as we aim to achieve an ‘outstanding’ rating in the practice’s next inspection.”
You can download the full report from the CQC website here.